Saturday, January 19, 2013

SCCM 2012 - App stuck at downloading 0%

I was testing SCCM 2012 Application Management in the lab and there was an issue in the beginning where any app I tried were hanging at 0% downloading. I tried packages and Applications both.

It looked like it was content downloading issue.. It’s true. It was not able to find any DPs in the network.

The hierarchy is with a CAS and two primaries under it. For the primaries DP and MP are remote servers.

The CAS.log showed the below errors.  

And the Locationservices.log showed as below.  

In the software center I saw this error code.

The software change returned error code 0x87D00607 (-2016410105)

It’s definitely because of client can’t find the content. But the content was available in the DP, but it can’t find the DP. I went back and forth with all the settings and permissions. All looked perfect. Reinstalled roles and IIS and breaking my head for couple of days with no success.

Then suddenly when I was going through the boundary groups properties I just saw that, In references tab under Content Location all the site servers are listed.

I added that, not knowing this would cause any issue. I overlooked it although it was clearly mentioned that only DP and SMP must be added.

So I removed all other site systems except the DP, then software deployment started working fine.


  1. Thanks a lot.. That worked perfect for me...

  2. the same :)

  3. Go to IIS on server.
    Select Server and open ISAPI and CGI Restrictions
    If there is not an entry for SMS_DP add it with this path "C:\Windows\system3\inetsrv\smsfileisapi.dll

  4. Thanks for informing about App stuck at downloading. We are providing also updates with download software full version blogspot